The Director of Benefits and Compensation will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer (“CHRO”), serve as a member of the Human Resources leadership team, and will work closely with other members of the Human Resources Department, as well as the Accounting, Payroll, and Information Technology Departments. The Director of Benefits and Compensation will supervise employees who serve on Brasfield & Gorrie’s benefits, compensation, and wellness teams.
- Serve as a member of the Human Resources leadership team to assist the CHRO in developing, implementing, and administering programs that accomplish the objectives established for the department.
- Oversee the teams that design, manage and administer all benefits, compensation, and wellness programs.
- Develop key decision-driving materials to aid the executive leadership team in assessing compensation, benefits, and wellness programs.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and pertinent federal and state laws and regulations affecting benefits and compensation programs, including all required government reporting associated with such programs.
- Monitor, analyze and recommend actions for new and evolving legal requirements for benefits and compensation plans.
- Partner with the external compensation and benefits consultants on initiatives requested by management.
- Responsible for major compensation processes across the organization such as the annual merit, bonus, and other programs, spanning the forecasting and planning through communication to employees. Partner with internal stakeholders to effectively plan for key deliverables and communicate changes in real time.
- Manage, communicate, and interface with consultants, vendors, legal advisors, and administrators regarding benefit and compensation programs, policies, eligibility and coverage issues, and enrollment procedures.
- Provide strategic recommendations regarding cost containment and increasing the company’s return on investment in employee benefits, compensation, and wellness programs.
- Participate in the research, analysis, development/revision, and implementation of employee benefit programs, compensation, and wellness programs that are designed to maintain the company’s objectives and competitive position in the marketplace.
- Coordinate input to and analysis of industry benefits and compensation surveys.
- Supervise and coordinate the delivery of communications about benefits, compensation, and wellness programs.
- Communicate and interface with management and employees regarding benefit, compensation, and wellness issues.
- Manage benefits and compensation audits by external auditors or governmental entities.
- Manage benefits, compensation, and wellness team budgets compilation and analyses.
- Lead, manage and supervise staff in areas of responsibility.