Brasfield & Gorrie has an exciting opportunity for a Chief or Senior Estimator to help lead our Industrial Division, focusing on the following project types: automotive, distribution, food and beverage, manufacturing, and metals.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Perform complex and multiple estimating assignments.
- Compile conceptual estimates, including project benchmarks and details.
- Understand and execute multiple delivery methods, including hard bid, negotiated GMP, Design Build, and IPD.
- Work with operations teams on general requirements, including fees, financials, staffing of jobs, and construction schedules.
- Establish schedule durations based on quantities, attend scheduling meetings, and solicit subcontractor schedules.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of scope definition, and communicate pricing requirements clearly to subcontractors.
- Work with General Superintendent and Division Manager to determine crew and labor sizing of a project.
- Use PT&I calculator based on labor types, state, and EMR.
- Proficiently utilize estimating software tools: P6, ISQFT, On-Screen Takeoff, Earthwork, Timberline, Assemble and others.
- Lead estimate reviews with project management, design team, and owners.
- Visit jobsites to gain understanding of estimate accuracy and impact.
- Work with marketing department to assist with proposal preparation.
- Develop subcontractor and supplier relationships.
- Establish and maintain relationships with architects, owners, engineers, designers, clients, and others for potential business development.
- Collaborate with VDC group during estimate to develop quantities, logistics plan and 4D schedules
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced estimators
- Lead and facilitate “on-ramp” sessions
- Gather historical data from past/on-going projects for use in future estimates